Форум Pilot Engineering

Форум Pilot Engineering (http://forum.pilotpowersupply.com/index.php)
-   Pilot VAF/MAF converter (http://forum.pilotpowersupply.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   VAF to MAF conversion on a VW T3 DJ WasserBoxer Vanagon (http://forum.pilotpowersupply.com/showthread.php?t=850)

jcf 28.06.2021 21:15

I Pin,
- I have checked the ignition wires, they are all between 6,60 kOhms and 10,8 kOhms, depending of the length ;
- The spark plugs gaps were all set to 0,7 and now I increased to 0,9 ;
- Between Pin 4 from the injection wiring and the engine there is a 0,01 ohms resistance ;
- Between Pin 4 from the injection wiring and the engine there is a 0,02 ohms resistance ;
- Between Engine and body there is a 0,02 ohms resistance also (they are two metallic braids between engine and body and gearbox and body).

jcf 02.07.2021 03:00

Цитата:

Сообщение от Pin (Сообщение 9881)
In msg#6 Log is very strange( a lot of spikes of the converter output) and i dont see a table, which was used when this log was making.

I think there culd be issues with a ground or with an ignition system.

Hi Pin, on resetting my injection to the original configuration to go for the MOT, I saw that one of the connections for the lambda sensor heater was loose, and was possibly intermittent, could this explain the phenomenon?

I'm in the process of refurbishing the exhaust, unfortunately some screws broke in the cylinder head (big shit... :p1017:), so I don't know how long I'm going to spend on it to be able to put it back together and continue my injection convertion tests :p0504:

Pin 15.07.2021 13:00

Hi JFC,
Sorry for delay with answer - i was on vacation out of city, and there was a very bad internet.

As I see on last log , the signal of the MAF input does not changes.
If you press accelarator and MAF's signal is not rising, then something connected wrong or new airflowmeter is not working.

Try to remove airflowmeter from intake, start logging and blow air into it with your mouth and check if the red square( regime point) moves ont he dashboard or not.
If it the red square doesent move - then something wrong with a wiring or airflowmeter is bad.

jcf 21.01.2022 22:43

Цитата:

Сообщение от Pin (Сообщение 9887)
Hi JFC,
Sorry for delay with answer - i was on vacation out of city, and there was a very bad internet.

As I see on last log , the signal of the MAF input does not changes.
If you press accelarator and MAF's signal is not rising, then something connected wrong or new airflowmeter is not working.

Try to remove airflowmeter from intake, start logging and blow air into it with your mouth and check if the red square( regime point) moves ont he dashboard or not.
If it the red square doesent move - then something wrong with a wiring or airflowmeter is bad.

Hi Pin,
I haven't had time to work on my setup since my last post, I'll try to get back to it these days and already understand what's going on with my new MAF flowmeter. In the meantime I just wanted to ask you a question, it's to know if the converter could work with a pressure sensor instead of a flowmeter (pressure sensor between the plenum and the outside => when there is depression in the plenum, it means that we are in deceleration, and the more the pressure in the plenum is close to the outside pressure, the more we are close to the full throttle) I've been told by preparers like Mansi that they are much better probes than the MAF ones.
Have a nice week-end,
Jean-Christophe

Pin 30.01.2022 12:08

I JCF,
Nope - with current firmware it is not possible to use manifold absolute pressure sensor? because it need 3d conversion table. Because there could be several point with same pressure but at different rpms as a result the real quantitiy of air consumed byt engine will be different.
On board there all hardware for using MAP, firmware is under development. When it will be ready - i'll post it here. At this moment you can use only maf.
Regards
Anton

jcf 14.02.2022 23:29

Hi Pin, I could'nt find the bluetooth signal from the converter when rewiring it (and no led blinking, but I don't remember when it was supposed to light or blink). I have the converter receiving the 12v on the two first terminals.
What is the typical name of the converter Bluetooth, please ?
Have a nice evening,
Jean-Christophe

Pin 15.02.2022 17:32

Hi JCF
Please check supply voltage and polarity of the converter.
If all ok the led must blink when converter is powered on.
Bluetooth module name HС-06 or jdy-33-spp ( spp33)

If led is not blinking then you need to measure voltage between pins 1 and 2 of the service connector
http://max.pilotpowersupply.com/wp-c.../pinout_en.jpg
there should be 5 volts.
If no - then protective diode dead and it needs to be replaced. In this case make photo of your converter from processor side in good resolution and attach it or send it to email - i'll mark control points for you.

jcf 19.02.2022 00:36

Hi Pin, thank for your answer, and yes, there are 5 volts between pins 1 & 2.
When I checked all connections, I realised that I hadn't wired JP1.2 to ECU reference voltage. Should I ? On message #8 on the scheme I made, we can see I traced this connection with dots because I wasn't sure if it was necessary since the ECU is not motronic but its ref voltage is 5V. What do you think ?
Anyway, I made a photo of the back of the converter, you can find it there : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb89zhyl8e...0side.jpg?dl=0

Pin 02.03.2022 23:40

Hi jcf
If 5v present on between 1-2 pins , there is no damages and all should work.
What module names do you see during pairing with smartphone or PC?
Did you try to eneter password 1234 during pairing?
You don't need to connect jp1.2 if ref voltage of ECU is 5v. Just set jumper to "Motronic " position, in this case the converter will use internal 5v reference.

jcf 06.03.2022 23:42

Цитата:

Сообщение от Pin (Сообщение 9950)
Hi jcf
If 5v present on between 1-2 pins , there is no damages and all should work.
What module names do you see during pairing with smartphone or PC?
Did you try to eneter password 1234 during pairing?
You don't need to connect jp1.2 if ref voltage of ECU is 5v. Just set jumper to "Motronic " position, in this case the converter will use internal 5v reference.

Hi PIN,
I've checked everything once again. All connections to the ECU and MAF, they are ok, like on the scheme I made on message #8.
I have 12V between 12v supply and ground.
With ignition on, and jumper 1.2 on ref voltage, I have 5V between 1-2 test pins.
But no led is blinking on the converter, and I can't see any Bluetooth signal (I've found on old Bluetooth connexions that mine was HC-06, so I also tried to delete it and make a new one, but none is visible) with my laptop or my phone.

What could I do to troubleshoot further ?
Thank you for your help,
Jean-Christophe

Часовой пояс GMT +6, время: 00:00.