PDA

Просмотр полной версии : M42b21 bmw

Rohan
13.02.2016, 04:49
Hello

Just enquiring about the a and b inputs on the printed circuit board ie rpm sensor.
Is that the crank position sensor?

Cheers Rohan

Pin
15.02.2016, 11:25
Hi. A and B inputs is using with old Hall or inductive sensors, whitch was installed in ignition distributors in old car.
Most users tipycaly dont use this inputs. In the future there will be firmware for vaf to map or maf to map conversion, then it will be useful.
Now to get RPM in software you can use sigal from ECU to tachometer connected also to A. Before you will use it check that it has a square wave form from 0 to 16V(maximum - if higher don't connect it) levels.

Rohan
08.06.2016, 13:54
Hi Pin

I decided not to connect rpm sensor (crank sensor) as it puts out upto 50 v spikes. The signal is then conditioned to a square type wave before ecu, dme.

But at the moment I having trouble getting my computer to see the maf pcb.
I'm using your converter Usb to serial and Windows xp service pack 3.
But it just does not see it, even with device manager.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pin
09.06.2016, 10:49
Hi Rohan
50V is too high voltage. It is good that you decided not to connect it.

About USB problem. Is there only connection problem or pcb also doesnt convert signal ?
If there only USB connection problem, please check usb cable and connector on PCB with multimeter. Also please check voltage between 1-2 pins of the service connector( with supply voltage /ignition switched on, engine stopped) http://max.pilotpowersupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/pilotEN-300x154.jpg
there should be 5v.

If all ok, then it seems there is a problem with pl2303 interface. You can try to resolder pins of it. Sometimes it helps. Also if you can buy bluetooth HC-06 modules in your local electonic shops( or can order it on internet), i can give you instructions how to solder it to your converter and you will get bluetooth connection with pcb without any wires.

Rohan
15.06.2016, 19:06
Hi Pin

Still having a usb problem using 3 different computers however all with Windows xp service pack 3. 3 different usb leeds too. Yes I am getting 5v on the pins 1-2 service connector.

So I am trying to do this a couple of different ways.
1. I have purchased Windows 10
2. I have also purchased a Bluetooth hc-06 module, do you have a wiring diagram?

Regards Rohan

Pin
18.06.2016, 00:25
The most simple way is to solder HC-06 to the converter with a pieces of wires to the next points (this points are also marked at the bottom side of PCB HC-06)

A little bit harder way you can see at the next pictures ( you will need to remove connector of hc06 and solder it from bottom side etc.)

Rohan
22.06.2016, 15:51
Hi Pin

Just thought I'd update, have Comms using the Hc-06. But every time I turn car off, I have to restart the tuning program.

The engine now idles well, but from your video I have found that I need a trumpet in my air filter box. To provide smooth air flow. How much distance in front of maf do I need the air intake to be linear?

Pin
28.06.2016, 12:01
Hi Rohan

When you turn off ignition , converter and bluetooth also turns off, and windows lose bluetooth connection. That is why you need to restart or choose com port again.
We working on resolving this problem.

Between trumpet and maf it is enoug 5-10cm.

Between maf and throttle - as long as possible, if there enough space - you can add one turn 45-90 degrees - it will also helps to dump the pulsations

Rohan
01.07.2016, 11:41
Hi Pin

I am using a different maf now a e46 one as they have inbuilt temp sensor for v3.7, but first things first this one uses reference 5v. Should I also connect this to the converter/printed circuit board?

Regards Rohan

Pin
02.07.2016, 12:43
Hello Rohan
Is it bosch hfm5 maf (e46)?
Can you give me part# of it? or make photo?

You can connect ref voltage to the converter input and install jumper to jetronic mode ( external reference voltage) this will give you more precision.
But in most cases users typically uses internal 5v reference and don't connect any ref to the converter's input( jumper in motronic mode/internal reference)

Also you should know, that characteristics of e46 maf's IAT and IAT installed in original VAF could be different. And you will need to check characteristic curves of this IATs before you will connect new one to ECU and converter.

Regards

Rohan
03.07.2016, 07:03
Hi Pin
Part numbers are 0280217124

cheers

Rohan
03.07.2016, 08:14
I am no longer getting a converter out voltage.

Pin
03.07.2016, 10:25
Hi Rohan
Part numbers are 0280217124
It is bosch hfm5 and it needs ref 5V.
You can get it from 2-nd pin of service connector of the converter or from throttle position sensor ref pin.

I am no longer getting a converter out voltage.
Dont worry, let me know whats happen ?
Can you connect to the converter via bluetooth and read data?
Is LED on bluetooth hc-06 blinking when you power on the converter?
What is postion of jumper ( motronic/jetronic) ?

Rohan
03.07.2016, 11:06
Hi Pin

First up I grabbed the 5v from the vaf sensor, should I take this from the pcb/converter board?

Yes I can connect it to the Bluetooth and read everything, yes the led on hc-06 is blinking happily.
As for the jumper I have tried both, thinking that was the problem, with it connected to pcb and jetronic mode, also disconnected motronic mode.

Regards Rohan

Pin
03.07.2016, 11:42
Hi Rohan
First up I grabbed the 5v from the vaf sensor, should I take this from the pcb/converter board?
It is ok to take it from VAF :)

Please install jumper to motronic position (1-2) (http://max.pilotpowersupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/pilotEN.jpg) and check voltage with a multimeter between ground and jumper - there should be 5v. If there is no 5v let me know.
If it is ok, then disconnect converter's output from ECU and upload next table to converter( don't forget to save your table before it).
After that please check voltage between output and ground there should be ~2.55v
Let me know a results
Regards

Rohan
03.07.2016, 12:54
Hi Pin

Everything worked except getting 2.55v, I am still getting nothing from converter output.

Cheers Rohan

Pin
03.07.2016, 14:29
Hi Rohan
Is converter's output shutt off after firmware upgrade or before it?

Please check next voltages between ground and control points 1-7
with a same table test.tab
Let me know a result

Rgards

Rohan
03.07.2016, 14:57
Hi Pin

I have not upgraded firmware.

All checks out except point 2 I'm getting 0.5v and point 7 I'm getting 0.1v
And at point 1 11.9v but the car is not running so expected.

Regards

Rohan
03.07.2016, 14:59
Should I try firmware upgrade?

Pin
03.07.2016, 15:13
Should I try firmware upgrade?
No.
And at point 1 11.9v but the car is not running so expected.
it is ok.

Now please check next points and let me know a results

Rohan
03.07.2016, 15:26
All good except 13 where I'm getting 11v

Pin
03.07.2016, 23:20
Hi Rohan.
Sorry, but it seems , that i didn't understood you in this message (http://forum.pilotpowersupply.com/showpost.php?p=7772&postcount=18)

You checked voltages on first picture (http://forum.pilotpowersupply.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2026&d=1467534544) and all of them ok except point 2 and point 7 am i right ?
If yes, then you need to replace left(near points 1,3,4) lm2904 ic
Regards

Rohan
04.07.2016, 13:19
Hi Pin

First off, bugger how would this happen? Static?

Second there are a few different lm2904 's out there, which one?
I have the details from the top of chip but none that match this
Lm2904 38m h43k G4

Regards Rohan

Pin
05.07.2016, 11:45
Hello Rohan

The main function of ic 2904 is to protect other components from overvoltage and static. It works as buffer.
The reason of it's death in most cases is static, or wrong connection.
All over the production time we had only two reports from users with same problem.
In first case there were static, in second - high voltage discharge from bad ignition wire.
Regards

Rohan
17.08.2016, 19:35
Hi Pin

Hey guess what the 3.6 program doesn't talk to a 3.7 converter, lol! It went nuts.

Does the maf converter need to be tuned under load? Or can it be done in neutral?

How do you tune the temperature sensor?

Regards Rohan

Rohan
17.08.2016, 19:40
Can't believe how many views this gets 700+ nuts.

Rohan
18.08.2016, 18:00
Hi Pin

I think its Done what do you think, keep in mind this was before going for a 1 hr drive, that log file is too big.

It felt really really nice!!!!!!!:c0404:

Cheers Rohan

Pin
20.08.2016, 11:08
Hi Rohan.
Does the maf converter need to be tuned under load? Or can it be done in neutral?
First points need to be tuned at neutral with "end interpolation" turned on.
This will give you some table, which provides you to drive vehicle under load and tune other points under load.

Typically users got some table with normal driving from 0 to 100 km/h.
Because high speed is dangerous, our users typically make tuning upper points manually by analyzing log file.
They make log file on 2nd gear from 1500 rpm to red zone with fully open throttle( power mode) . In this case( on 2-nd gear and throttle fully open) you will not get a speed more then 100-120 km/h , and log will show you mixture problems. If it's too rich or too lean in this mode, it should be corrected manually by analyzing log.

How do you tune the temperature sensor?
IAT should be connected to the ECU and to the converter( no more constant resistance). For example you make tuning at 20C and you will see square on dashboard chart, which will show you signal in IAT ADC value and corresponding correction.
When it will be colder, there could be problems with mixture.
To correct it, you will need to enrich / enlean it manually, but don't apply correction to table - this will give you knowing of needed correction.
After that look at new value of IAT and write correction you got to a point corresponding to new IAT's value.

Pin
20.08.2016, 11:18
I think its Done what do you think, keep in mind this was before going for a 1 hr drive, that log file is too big.
At first look the table is not bad but i can say nothing without power mode log file.

Please make power mode log - drive vehicle at 2-nd gear at 1500 rpm, depress fully accelerator and wait for 5500-6500( red zone), then release accelerator, stop and save the log. Be carefull the speed will be near 100km/h
If you have automatic transaxle, put selector in "2" (or other position which will give you only 2 gears. )
Also please make log at town driving mode 0-60 km/h ( 10-15 minutes will be enough)
Or you can send me your 1 hour log at support email :)

Pin
24.08.2016, 10:27
Got the log.
It seems that all ok.

Rohan
24.08.2016, 15:17
Hi Pin

That's excellent, but I guessed it was right anyway because it just felt solid!
I connected the IAT sensor, but I have not needed to make any corrections yet, it appears that the maf I chose uses an identical sensor to what it was on with the vfm. But I'll keep an eye on it.
Also I commented or more correctly reviewed this at the m42 club. But someone asked me about this with itbs and that I was not sure of? As I'm not sure whether the itb pulses would affect this? Particularly since the maf would have direct line of sight to itbs.

Fantastic device by the way awesome work mate!

Best regards Rohan

Pin
26.08.2016, 10:39
Hi Rohan.
Never installed it on itb.
So before someone install it and make log, i couldn't tell anything.

We thinking about developing new PCB( converter+ contactless sensor), which could be installed in VFM and read its angle with contactless sensor and convert this angle to appropriate output voltage.
So users can get " immortal " vfm
What do you think about it?

Yesterday got your converter.
Will try to repair it and send in back :)

Rohan
26.08.2016, 14:24
Hi Pin

My concern with itbs, individual throttle bodies or more correctly there trumpets and the associated pulse wave from them, is more to do with maf sensors. Maf sensors work with trumpets I have a friend who loves it in his m44 bmw. So I can't see any reason that this wouldn't work?

I like the idea of the immortal vfm and another way to do this would be to read the signal from the vfm(voltage) plus have a maf just behind the vfm reading the same air flow. Then comparing the voltage graphs.
But I'm not convinced that either of these ideas would be good,
Firstly who's to say if the vfm is working or tuned correctly.
From my experience with this device my car runs smother and has better performance because of the tuning and copying the vfm signal might not be the best idea.

That's excellent you got the converter, I'm surprised it took so long to get to you.

Cheers Rohan it's Friday!

Pin
15.09.2016, 23:36
Hi Rohan.
Sorry for delay with answer.
I have a good news - your PCB was repaired.
It was killed by static.
I had replaced USB interface and DAC.
Will send it back to you at saturday or monday :)

About itbs - just need to try. We have not vehicle with itbs.
So if you or some of your friends have one, you can try on it your repaired PCB when you will get it and make some logs.

About immortal vfm- it doesn't matter that it is not tuned correctly.
First of all we need full opening at maximum load, to get full range of DAC 0-255 points. We can tune full opening by tuning it's spring tension manually.
And second-software will automatically tune characteristics as it work when you replace vaf to maf.
This is not copying vaf's signal.
This is adding to vaf contactless angle position sensor. Say with unknown output voltage-angle. And tuning it same as you tuned MAF.
Converter will be the same :)

Regards

Rohan
18.09.2016, 16:29
Hi Pin

That's excellent about the pcb!

Itbs I'll let you know, I'll be trying some in the not too distant future!

I'm not sure about this immortal vfm, is it to simulate the vfm existence(stand alone) or replace it with another air flow measuring device?

Cheers Rohan

Pin
14.10.2016, 16:53
Hi Rohan
Sorry for very long delay with answer.
Will wait your test on itbs.

Look here what folks from CIS countries do with VFM when they couldnt buy new or remanufactured:
https://www.drive2.ru/l/3495322/
They use contactless TPS from Daewoo vehicles. Works not so good( the cuoldn't tune charcteristics) , but it's better than nothing :)

To make immortal VFM I am thinking about developing PCB with angle position sensor, which user can install in original vehicle's VFM.
Remove old resistive board from it, and install install new one converter with contactless sensor.
There will be converter,sensor and Bluetooth module inside original VFM.
Software and firmware will be almost the same.
So user can tune old VAF as you tuned MAF :)

In some cases it is better to use VFM instead of MAF on old engines.
Because they produce a lot of cranckcase gases which can degrade measuring element of MAF- it is actual for CIS :)

Have you recieved the repaired converter ?